Sunday, March 6, 2016

Green Inspiration

Hello Everybody!

It seems so strange that St. Patrick's Day is one week, and Easter is the next!

Over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge the monthly challenge is to use green.  That's it?  Count me in!

So I created this:


I posted some pictures on Instagram of the background process.  I used a roller and garden green craft ink from stampin up on a yellow cardstock sheet.  Then I added Close to Cocoa with the roller.  


Here you can see the brown stamp border-that's a Tim Holtz stamp and I used gathered twigs distress ink.  There are some yellow dots in the center bottom and that is a stencil and a distress marker-mustard seed.  That is done randomly throughout the page.  The gold mesh was from a garage sale.  

I used the Silhouette to cut out the shamrocks.  I used green Smooch paint stuff around the edges to give it a gold glittery effect plus a rhinestone in the middle.  

The hand is a Prima stamp which is stamped on grey vellum.  I thought it turned out really cool.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Happy Spring! :)

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the shamrocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolly B said...

Love the subtle touch of green and the use of the shamrocks. Thank you for sharing with us at AFSC
Mary

Eli said...

Thanks for posting your beautiful "green" page on the Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog. This made us very happy. Until next time. Eli

Anne Pennington said...

Katy - this is sweet - love your clover!! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!!!