Friday, May 30, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Layout

Hello Everybody!

Over at Let's Scrap they are doing a month of scrappy challenges for National Scrapbook Day (month).  I know that there are only 2 days left in May-but you gotta start sometime!  ;)

The Challenge I did was Mixed Media Madness where you had to use 3 techniques of Mixed Media.  FUN!!  Count me in! :)


Here is a quick side story.  A friend of mine was passing her Stamping Up inks along.  She does more quilting and not as much stamping stuff.  As she passed them along to me!  It is quite a collection.  She had all of the re-inkers too!  So I took a few drops of Orange and water in a spray bottle and sprayed the background with a stencil from Dylusional.  


For my 2nd mixed media trick I took that same re-inker and put 2 drops into my little pile of light modeling paste.  It was way to bright so I add some more paste.  I used a Crafters Workshop stencil with the paste.  (Don't worry I didn't get rid of the bright orange paste I had left over.  Hopefully that will be apart of a project in the very near future!)


Then here I used Old Olive and stamped with a Tim Holtz little circle stamp and used a stencil with the ink (bubble wrap).  Around the edges I used chocolate chip Stampin' Up.  I love this brown color and the green color.  I feel like I am living In Color now.  :)

These little dots are Candi's.  At the Scrapbook Expo I bought the glue squares for them-the ones especially made for Candis.  It was so easy to adhere them-what a relief!


The half circle, hexagon border, and journal ticket are all die cuts by Tim Holtz.  I embossed and darkened the raised areas on the hexagon cutouts from the die cut.

Over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge they are doing Anything Goes so I would like to submit this page to that challenge.  

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stay inky and use those Candi's! ;)


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the hexagons!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

aww what a cute layout..

Jo Nevill said...

I love your layout, what a great keepsake.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Lin said...

One of my favorite themes for a scrapbook page, Katy! Love how this turned out! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Leslie Germain said...

Love the colors you used and that hexagon border. I love hexagons