Thursday, May 8, 2014

Little Birdie

Hello Everybody!

I had fun this evening making my tag for the Compendium of Curiosities III Challenge with Linda Ledbetter.

This is the paint marble technique on page 43.  I can't tell you how to do it-you'll have to read the book!  (Do you remember those Time Life book commercials?  I always wanted to know more about those aliens but my mom said we couldn't buy the whole set.  Bummer.)  ;)

Here is my tag and the colors I used.


Here is my tag decorated.  I used everything Tim Holtz except the twine (Queen & Company) and the burlap tag tie-that's from Spare Parts at Hobby Lobby.  Even the embossing powder on the cage is Ranger-it's platinum.  I love the color!


Here is a close up of the quote.  If you look in the background there are birds flying in the sky.


Here is my little caged bird.  Awe....poor little guy!  I colored him with broken china and then used the white distress marker in strokes to give him some dimension or feathers or dimensional feathers (haha!).


Even this tag is Ranger.  That is so awesome!  :)  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...be free. :)

7 comments:

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

WOWWW!! This tag is just awesome Katy! love it !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is fabulous.. love that background..

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great painty background, and love the bird and cage! Thank you so much for playing along with us for the first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Good job, chica! I love your sweet little bird. Gotta set that little guy free. :-) Thanks for joining us for CC3C!!

Annette Green said...

Yay, Katy! So glad you're joining us in the CC3 Challenges. Your tag turned out fabulous!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the beautiful colors!