Saturday, March 1, 2014

To Be a Princess

Hello Everybody!

Happy March!  It's time for a new challenge at Scrap It Girl!  This month it's about Birthdays. Check out the DT's projects, too.  They have done a fantastic job with birthday cards and layouts.  I hope you join us!

Here is my layout.  I was in a mixed media mood.  :)  I have some close up pictures so I can show you what I did.


Here is my title.  I used rub-ons from Joanne's for all of it except Princess.  I used some K&Company (Tim Coffey) letters from an Aquatic range I think.  These are chipboard.


This lace is on the left hand side and it is pretty wide.  I layed it on the cardstock and applied gesso to it.  Then I took Cotton Candy Gelato and added water to it and then painted over the gesso.  I like the light color it added to the lace.  


I have pages from a book that I tore out.  The original book is for an altered art book.  So I glued one of those pages to the cardstock and applied gesso so the words would come through a little bit.  Then using one of Tim Holtz's stencils I added light modeling paste.  

The border punch and white flower are from Martha Stewart.  The big swirl bling is from Queen and Company.  Sequin flowers are also Martha Stewart.


Here you can see some of the dots from the light modeling paste.  I brushed a little peacock feathers here and there on them.  Peacock Feathers was a perfect match to the cake in the picture.  Crazy!  Here is a key.  And some of the sunshine rays from a Tim Holtz stencil and peacock feathers.


Here's a close up of the picture.  My husband was able to get me this cake after we worked a Food and Wine party at Epcot.  (I will scrap that story at a later time.  Long story-short)  It was my birthday and the party itself is truly a treat.  Then there is an after party for Chefs and those who work the party.  So we went and then out comes this beautiful cake.  I was so surprised!  Cinderella is my favorite princess so this was very magical to me! :)  And here she is in white chocolate! 



I am submitting this to the Paste Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I used light modeling paste on with the bubble wrap Tim Holtz Stencil.

Here is what is funny too-this is the first time I used this sunburst stencil from Tim Holtz.  I was looking at things on the ol' internet and realized that I was inspired (subconsciously) by Kimberly's layout for February.  How fun is that!  :)


So Happy Birthday to me!  LOL  :)  I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time my friends...time for cake!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

totally fabulous layout..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the colors and the bling!!!!!!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Gorgeous Layout Katy! love the vintage lace and the bling flourish so much!And the cake sure looks gorgeous!

Meihsia Liu said...

What beautiful layout! I love the vintage lace and the beautiful effect of modeling paste. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)