Sunday, March 16, 2014

Favorite Things-Refurbished Item

Hello Everybody!

Today's Friday's Favorite Things at Scrap It Girl is something refurbished in your craft room or area.  Something that is normally used for one thing but is used for something else.

My favorite refurbished thing is this old organizer.  I bought it at a thrift store for $3.  I have always wanted one but just hadn't gotten around to buying one.  And this was so much better.


Here is what it looked like before.  Original dust and everything! ;)  Usually this kind of thing is used for washers and nuts and bolts.



The drawers are ok but the handles are chipping away.  So my awesome hubby said to turn the drawers around.  I washed all of the drawers in the sink too.  Then on the other side it I hot glued buttons so that they would be the handles.


Here is the back.  I can't mount it on the wall but that is ok.  I sits on my desk with all sorts of fun little things in it.  I gessoed the outside with a couple of coats.


I loved using buttons for the fronts.  It isn't completely done yet.  It needs a better paint job.  Also, I stack other scrappy things on top of it and I thought if I didn't do that I could do some cool project on the top.  But oh well!  


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...what is your favorite refurbished thing in your scrapbook area?  Link up with us! :)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a GREAT IDEA!! I loveeeeeeeeee what you did with this!!!!

Tincan Crafter said...

That was so clever - I always love looking at how people refurbish things. Glueing the buttons on and turning the drawers around was genius!

Tincan Crafter said...

That was so clever - I always love looking at how people refurbish things. Glueing the buttons on and turning the drawers around was genius!