Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hearts for My Valentine

Hello Everybody!

The February Challenge at Scrap It Girl is Hearts.  So I made a Valentine's Day card-inspired by Tim Holtz.

On his January tag Tim used Distress paint on an embossed foil covered piece of grunge board.  (Did you get all that?) ;)  So that is how I made my heart.

I put a piece of foil tape over a piece of grunge paper (it's thinner than the board).  I used the heart part from the Love Struck die.  Then I embossed it with my candy hearts die from Cuttlebug.

I used picked raspberry and picket fence distress paints and worked it into the heart.  Then I used a paper towel to remove the extra paint.



I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and light modeling paste for the chevrons behind the heart.  Then I stamped the sentiment with silver ink.  The stamp is an old KI stamp.  I pop dotted the heart.

Here's a close up:


Go over to Scrap It Girl and see the prize she is offering.  The prizes are awesome (I have won a couple and can personally tell you!)  Here is a picture:


Yeah-all of that!  And the designers vote on the entries-it isn't a random draw.  You get to entries.  So get your heart projects together and come and play!  You won't know unless you try! :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends....what will you make with your hearts?

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

OH MY WORD! I LOVE this, Katy! LOVE the CAS feel and the gorgeous heart you made! LOVE it! HUGS! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is beautiful! LOVING the heart!!!!!

ameliaharris99 said...

Beautiful! :)