Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sparkly Butterflies

Hello Everybody!

Tonight I made a card for the challenge going on at Inkspirational: Challenge #32 Colors:


I love these colors together.  So here's my card:


I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I made a little green envelope from the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge.  I embossed the sentiment in with white embossing powder.  Then the butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.  I painted them with Brushable Glue from Sparkle N Sprinkle and used Cloud Nine Semi Translucent on the butterflies.  The glitter is also from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  

Here's a close-up:


On one of the butterflies I just glittered the outside of it.  I thought I would change one of them up.  :)

Thanks for stopping by again!  Until next time my friends...have a good night! :)

10 comments:

Ruth M said...

What a sweet idea, the butterflies coming out of the envelope - pink glittery butterflies too - fabulous! Love the embossing on the card front! Beautiful card Katy, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inkspirational! Please come back soon! Ruth x

Leslie Germain said...

What a a beautiful card. Love those butterflies.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the butterflies!!!

sandie said...

I LOVE this card Katy, the glittery butterflies are fab and the embossing folder is the perfect background x

yyam said...

Awwww....this is soooooo sweet! Love the fluttering butterflies!

Kim Hall said...

Just love all those butterflies, so pretty!!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO gorgeous, Katy! LOVE the sweet butterflies and the amazing dry embossing on the edges!!! Thanks for joining us at Inkspriational! :)

Meighan Wheller said...

oh Wow, fabulous card Katy. Love the embossing and how the butterflies are flying out of the envelope and they are sparkle!! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Meighan DT

Candy C said...

Hey Katy! Your card is so sweet! I like those colors together, too. That predominately white embossed background is so pretty. It really helps to set off those pink butterflies. And the green Happy Birthday pocket is a nice focal point with the white lettering. Tim's embossing folder really is nice on this! Thanks also for the nice comment you left on my blog. That means alot! <3 Candy

Tincan Crafter said...

Katy I came to say thank you for leaving a nice comment on vintage gold/ gilding tutorial post and I almost forgot that because when I saw this adorable card with the bag full of butterflies - i have an acute attack of oh-my-cute-initis. Love your precious card.