Friday, May 3, 2013

Off to London!

Hello Everybody!

It would be so awesome if that were true!  But right now I am only taking crafty trips to London using my Paris to London stamp set from Tim Holtz.  :)

The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show is Passport to Fun.  Cross check complete!


The base is a 6X6 piece of chipboard.  I put gesso on a page from an old text book.  The I put some of Tim Holtz's distress paint on my craft mat and sloshed it around.  Not too much-I didn't want to make brown.  The I stamped some of the images from the Paris to London set using the paints and some with just regular ink.  There are these little stamps and I stamped them on white paper and painted them with different colors of distressed paints.  They are in the left top corner.  I cut out the word London and used paint around the edges.  I used tea distress embossing powder for the gentleman in the middle.  I inked him up in various ways because I thought he was too dark.  I still think he might need something (maybe a different picture LOL) but I put the pop dots on him and let him be.

He could be like walking away from all of the lights of the city and that casts a shadow on him.  Hmmm...that's a good story.  ;)  The twine is from Maya Arts and it's black and white-or was until I used some distressed stain to color it.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...let's head up to London! :)


1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a vibrant background, and the contrast of the gentleman all vintaged up is wonderful! Great hanging. Thank you for traveling with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!