Monday, May 13, 2013

First Place Card

Hello Everybody!

I wanted to share a card with you that I made for Mom's Day.  I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for this week's sketch-Challenge #85 (though it ends today so you may want to go check it out now!)


Here's my card.  I liked this sketch because it looks like a ribbon that you would win in a race or science fair.  Thanks for the great sketch because it inspired this card.  I cut the pennants out myself.  The circle was a punch and the scalloped circle was from Spellbinders.  The glittery ribbon was some ribbon I bought at Michael's after they slashed prices to get rid of Christmas stuff-so that's Christmas ribbon!  :)  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a great day! :)















7 comments:

yyam said...

Really eye-catching! Love the glitter ribbon!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous and every Mom deserves first place.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a fabulous Mother's Day card! The ribbon you've used is pretty in it's glitteryness and your #1 Mom sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Annette Allen said...

aww great Mother's Day card.. love the added glitter ribbon..

Jen Mitchell said...

What Mom wouldn't love this pretty card! Love that glittery ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kathy D. said...

Cute! I like the colors too!

Hey I miss you so wanted you to know I'm starting to host challenges at Clearly iStamp. We have a special ONE DAY Challenge tomorrow, 05/14/2013. Stop by and see me sometime and play!!

Kathy D.
www.dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com
http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh love the glittery ribbon, thanks for the comment, come link up to my p-a-r-t-y!