Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Car Show Layout

Hello Everybody!

So I have been working on a 2 page layout for the last couple of days.  I used the sketch at Let's Scrap and got a few new things from Hobby Lobby and had a lot of fun!  :)

Here is my layout.  I added a couple of pictures because all of these were together and were from the same event.  My cousin and his wife and my sister and me all came to our "hometown" and went to my Uncle's Car Show.  Good times for sure! :)

I am also submitting this project to the challenge at Shopping Our Stash: Challenge #97 Text or Letters.  I used sheets from a 1997 Almanac (that talk about cars for the year 1996-10 years before this event) and the ticket on the bottom right corner has print on it.


Here is the sketch from Let's Scrap.


I got a new embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  I used some rusty hinge distress ink and gold dabber paint.


This is a ticket from 7 Gypsies.  It also makes a great journaling square.  The 2006 are stickers from Tim Holtz (love them!).  I also use them to spell out baby next to my cousin's wife.  How exciting! :)


Here is a close up of one of the pages that show text-and Car sales by type :)


I did a closeup of the gear (tim holtz) because I used silver Stampin' Up brad but colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Paints.  I was trying to patina them.  I think they turned out great! :)


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...good night! :)

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a stunning layout and I love the gear and car embellies.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Jessi Fogan said...

What a cool source for your text! And you really can't beat Tim Holtz for fun stuff to play with, can you? I love how much the ink & paint add to the embossing - it really makes it pop! Thanks so much for shopping your texty stash with us this week :)

lauren bergold said...

how fun and *FAB* is this?! what a brilliant use of that gorgeous vintage text paper (hubba hubba!!!) and also those cool gear elements! love it! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (texty!) STASH with us!!! ♥

Eniko said...

The patina on the brad really looks great! The Tim Holtz embossing folder must be so much fun to play with... it's on my "wish list"! So many great details here!