Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Boy Scouts Merit Badge Challenge

Hello Everybody!

This week's challenge at For Fun Challenges is Boy Scouts because February 8th is Boy Scout Day.  Now I will be honest-I don't know that much about boy or girl scouts (I wasn't a girl scout as a kid).  But after looking at this site here I am in awe of what Boy Scouts need to learn to earn badges.  Take a look (especially if you aren't familiar with the program like me).  Wow!  All different areas of expertise!

So for my project I made 3 ATC's.  The merit badges I covered are: hiking, nuclear science, and robotics.


Here are close ups of each card:


For the background on this ATC I used Dylusion Sprays and stickers.  Below is a close up of the park map sticker.  After I made this I realized that there was a separate badge for backpacking.  So I was more careful with the next two! ;)


This ATC background comes for a chemistry book page (195 to be exact) ;)  A while back I picked up a chemistry book for free.  And now I was able to use it!  Yay!  I adhered the piece of the text book page to the ATC base and I used red and yellow distress inks around the edges.  Nuclear is from the book also and the letters are Authentique.  The black circles at the bottom are Prima rub-ons.


And this is the Robotics ATC card.  Here I used Tim Holtz gears from the Sizzix die and the robot and sentiment are from The Alley Way Stamps.  I used silver embossing powder on the robot and perfect pearls.

I put some perfect pearls on the sentiment too.


I hope that you will play along too!  There are lots of badges to choose from-so let your creativity run wild!

Until next time my friends...have a fantastic day! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT! Hard to pick a favorite, but the robot wins out...too cute! You sure put alot of work into these beauties!

Annette Allen said...

aww how totally fun...

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun! Love the little robot!

Helen Dooley said...

I love ALL these- youre so talented!! thanks for you!
Hugs~