Sunday, September 9, 2012

Read All About It!

Hello Everybody!

Read all about it is the challenge going on at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  There's only an hour or so left to play but there is plenty of inspiration!

I did the blog hop over there and had so many ideas, I didn't know where to start!

So here is my card using dictionary paper...


Here is a close up of the bottom.  The gear is a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut.  Here's my favorite part-I covered it with Martha Stewart texture (it comes in a container that says that).  After it dried I painted gold and pitch black Tim Holtz/Ranger dabber on it.  I love this gear! :)

I used a green spray from October Afternoon on the dictionary page and then distressed it.  The stamp is from Hampton Arts.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz and so is the lock.  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.  The key is usually quite silver, so I dulled it with Slate Alcohol Ink.

I used a Prima rub-on on the left side, and the birds stamp from Tim Holtz. :)


I love how this card turned out-I hope you do too!  Until next time my friends...dream big! :)

6 comments:

Dan said...

I love your card! The dictionary paper combined with that vintage balloon sketch really gives it a cool blueprint feel! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our STAMPtember blog hop!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so awesome...i love that air balloon

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love the hot air balloon.

Jenny Marples said...

Great card Katy. Love all the elements and the colours you have chosen. Hugs, Buttons x

Colleen Dietrich said...

I just love the worn, aged feel to this, and the balloon stamp is fabulous!

Thanks so much for leaving love at my post at Yvonne Yam's blog. I hope you get a chance to play along in my challenge there!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Oohh WOW!!! Beautiful!!! This is a gorgeous creation...thanks.for the fabulous idea of using a dictionary paper as background!! Everything in this card is soo perfect!!
Hugs
Jaya