Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Witch Card

Hello Everybody!

I wanted to share this card with you.  It has lots of glittery goodness.  Also, I was crazy and made my own chevrons out of red-line tape!

I am linking this card to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show: For the Love of Sparkle

City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 128 An Early Boo

The sweet witch is from Sparkle N Sprinkle's new digital line from Michelle Perkett.  You can find this Candy Corn Witch here.


Here is the inside.  I used the sentiment that came with the with and used distress stain to color the paper.  I printed the image a 2nd time to get the broom.


Here's how I made the chevrons.  I cut out 1 inch pieces from 1 inch wide red-line tape.


Creating Keepsakes magazine had featured making your own chevrons out of paper.  I thought how cool would it be to do it out of sticky tape and pour glitter on them?!?! Not that cool really LOL!


The tape is quite sticky.  Here is one row of tape glittered.  Now I start the 2nd row.


I mounted it on black cardstock.  It seemed to get lost on the paper I had chosen.


I should have stopped glittering there.  But no, I had to do her dress too.  My chevrons ended up not perfect-to me I would describe them as whimsical.  But it fun to try something new!


Other Supplies:
My Mind's Eye paper
Copic Markers
Martha Stewart and Sparkle N Sprinkle glitter
Ranger Stickles
Gold Embossing Powder (broom)
Pop Dots

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...make it shine! :)

9 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Boy did those chevrons take some doing! Brilliant result though, best bolts of lightning I've seen for some time! Love how you've taken the theme inside your card too. Makes this card so special. Hugs, Buttons x

Kim x said...

Fab card Katy, love the chevrons. Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely! I love the glittery chevrons ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

Brenda said...

Love all the bling :)

Carly said...

I love the glitter!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Katy! I love the glitter and witch! Thanks for sharing your fun card this week at CCCB :-)

Unknown said...

Lots of fun sparkles going on here. Your card is so cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Barbara Bruder said...

Love your card and the glitter addition is perfect!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So so fun, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!