Monday, August 20, 2012

Trick or Treat Tuesday Tidbit

Hello Everybody!

Over at Let's Scrap there is a card challenge that runs through tomorrow evening.  Now if you haven't been over there-you have to go!  Everyone is super friendly and there is a new weekly sketch along with other challenges.  Always something fun!

The sketch is for a card but some of the DT's made pages and that inspired me to make a page.  First let me show you the sketch:


Do you see what I see?  Hexagons!  This is so cool because they are totally trending in scrapbooking (and other places to I'm sure).  So without further ado, here is my page:



I stamped these hexagons with different Halloween stamps and used white embossing powder on them.  Here is a little story about these hexagons.  I bought them from Ebay like a million years ago!  I think someone on there used to make die cuts with a Sizzix machine or something and I didn't have one so it was easier for me to buy what they cut out.  I have some tags too.  So it's a good thing to save stuff!  LOL!


So here is a list of things I used:

paper: $1 rack Target from last year
spider web: Martha Stewart Punch
Stamps: My Mind's Eye
             Stampin' Up (2001 LOL)
             Making Memories
Stickers: O'Scrap
              Dazzles
              Pebbles Inc.


So my tidbit today is that you can use card sketches for scrapbook sketches-depending on the sketch.  Or was my tidbit about using hexagons?  Or better yet that you can dust off those dusty old 11 year old stamps and still make cute things with them?  Well no matter what thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Until next time my friends...no tricks--only treats here ;)

5 comments:

yyam said...

Hehe...love those stamped images! Soooooo cute!

Desire Fourie said...

Katy I just love this. The colours and layout are just perfect. Hope you are having a fab Tuesday. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

Jenny Marples said...

Great job here Katy and I love the spider in the corner. Hugs, Buttons x

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind comments over at my blog :)

Your layout is so super cute! I loved the stamped Halloween images on the hexagons!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Katy!!! LOVE this darling layout! That picture is just too precious and I adore the spider web in the corner! :) Sorry to be MIA but hope to be better now! :)