Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cascading Gears

Hello Everybody!

It feels like FOREVER since I posted something fun and creative!  Summer is flying by!  Well I have been working on this card for a couple of days.  It's so cool!  It's called a Cascading card and you can find the instructions here (try it-it's not as hard as it looks!).  Mynnette does an awesome job of showing you the steps.

I am entering this card into Mynnette's Technique Tuesday:  Cascading Card and Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Anything Goes-No Rules!  Woo Hoo!  No Rules just right!  ;)

So here's my card.  Scroll on down, and I'll show you some highlights.


I bought Tim Holtz's gear die last week and couldn't wait to use it.  This was the perfect card for it!  I haven't made a cascading card before.  As a matter of fact of was thinking that maybe I should add a little diversity to my card making and then there is the challenge of making a different shaped card.  It was meant to be!  I also used Tim Holtz's tissue tape (I LOVE it!) and one of his metal sayings.  I used Distress Stain on the lace to change up the color and used various Distress Ink to make the front more interesting.

Here's a closeup of the front.


Here's is an aerial view.  :)  It shows the different levels of gears.  This card was a lot of fun to make.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...I have to get in gear!  (I know I know) ;)


6 comments:

Sarah said...

wow! Just bursting with detail and layers - love all the gears and the shabby look! A really creative and great card. Thanks so much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Khandrogos said...

The steam punk look doesn't take away from the whimsical nature of this card. Fantastic!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a unique cascade!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Mynn xx said...

This is so totally cool, Katy!!!! Love the use of gears, and your front sentiment is awesome!!! Thanks for your continuing support of Technique Tuesday!!! ;D

Peanut said...

Excellent masculine card. Whimsical and fun. Just the thing for my hubby. Thanks for the ispiration, Katy!

Carol said...

This a real unique card. I love the antiquey look to it with the browns and gears.... Nice card.