Sunday, May 27, 2012

Family Scrapbook Page

Hello Everybody!

International Scrapbook Month is still going on at Let's Scrap.  There are still so many challenges to play!  Tonight I finished a page for Challenge #2 where the challenge is to try a different scrapping style.  I chose to go Shabby Chic.  My style doesn't normally lean in this direction.  I think I'm more Classic or Cutesy.

So here is my page:


At Let's Scrap you must use a Let's Scrap layout (which I love!).  So here's my sketch-created by Cheri O'Neill for Sept, 9, 2009.  Scroll down, and I'll show you some highlights!


I used these for the circle.  I find they work best with a small glue dot.  I thought I was going to use the ones with print on them and then I changed my mind--for the better :)


Here is the gold candi on the paper.  The Candis are like paper versions of brads and no brad tails.  I got them from the Scrapbook Expo.


I have had this bundle of rhododendrons forever.  I have a pair of wire cutters that I used to cut some of the plastic center off and then I used a bigger glue dot to adhere the flowers to the page.  I used glue dots to glue the candis to the centers.


All of the pearls are from Want2Scrap.


I used Wow Embossing powder for Family.  Wow is right.  It's so thick!  Can't wait to use it some more.  The embossing powder and pearls are both from the Expo.  Yay-I'm using new stuff :)  Oh and this square that Family is stamped on is also from there.  I got it in a pack of die-cuts from The Girls' Paperie.  I distressed this square using Blue Jeans and Walnut Ink from Rangers/Tim Holtz's Distress Inks.

The blue pattern paper is Anne Griffin and the vintage flower paper is from K&C company.  The background paper-I'll be honest-I have no idea.  I bought an assorted pack of paper a couple of years ago from the Scrapbook Expo and threw away the label.  Who knew I would need that info for my blog?  ;)  If you know what brand it is let me know!  Until next time my friends...what's your Scrapbook style?


3 comments:

yyam said...

This is sooooo sweet! I really love the addition of the gold accents. :)

P/s: I think my style is messy? lol

Khandrogos said...

So much going to look at on this page; fantastic!
My style would be clean and sparse.

Ann said...

I tried to do scrapbooking for a while but discovered I'm not very good at it. I prefer to just look at all the amazing pages everyone else creates :)