Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tag of Joy

Hello Everybody!

This week has just flown for me.  I realized just an hour or so ago that the challenge for Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities ends in less than a day.  And tomorrow is so busy so I had to burn some 11 o'clock oil and get my tag made!  The challenge is at L3 Studio and the mission: Faux Patina on page 58.  At L3 Studio the sponsor is Simon Says Stamp Blog and they are offering $25 to their store.  I really really want me to be the chosen one!  I love their store! :)

I am combining challenges with L3 and Simon Says Stamp and Show.  Their mission: Word-put your favorite word on a project.  So here's my tag:


Here are the stars I used the faux patina on.  This is before.


The star on the right has the finish, but it isn't easy to see it.  It's possible I didn't do it right.  This was my first time with the technique.  I had tried on the little heart from the previous post but it didn't look like Tim's picture so I decided to do something else.  You can tell the star on the right isn't has shiny and the gem looks different.


I used distress inks for the tag (which I cut from my Cricut).  I also used distress ink on the ribbon which is seam binding (I think that's what it is called).  I went crazy with TH tape and Recollections tape.  I love that stuff now!  I guess I used to be afraid...but not anymore! :) 

The metal Joy is from Studio18.  It's metal and I used alcohol ink on it.  But I did not use the faux patina technique.   Joy is my word because to me that is what Life is.  Being able to create and share projects brings me joy and makes my life happy.  :)  Also, God, my family and friends, and good health bring me joy.  Until next time my friends...I hope you have joy, also. :)


7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

beautiful tag...I love that amazing star and the birds at the bottom...very cute..

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little tag and I love the the little birds on the telephone line. I agree, Joy should be what we always strive for.
Hugs
Desire

Linda Ledbetter said...

Katy, your tag is indeed joyful, and you did a great job on the Faux Patina technique! Thanks so much for being part of the CC2C!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous tag that you created, Katy! I love the word Joy on it and it is absolutely perfect with the elements on the tag! I have yet to try alcohol ink on the metal!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tape!

Carly said...

I love that you have so many creative ideas! Do you use what you make? I'd be afraid to actually use it since it was so much work to make!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Great word for such a WONDERFUL tag!!! Job well done!

THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!