Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mon Ami Tag

Hello Everybody!

I am soooo excited-my copy of A Compendium of Curiosities Volume II came in the mail today!  Oh my goodness-the first one rocks but the 2nd one rocks too!  So many ideas and techniques-where does one even start?  Tim Holtz has done it again!

Thankfully Linda at Studio L3 has the exact place to start!  The first challenge is on Page 66.  As if it could get any cooler than that-the awesome folks at Simon Says Stamp is giving a $25 gift certificate to the lucky ducky that will be randomly drawn.  I am also going to submit this to Simon Says Stamp and Show because Anything Goes!


Remember those Time Life book commercials about aliens, wars, and the Egyptians?  They would talk about a story in the books and you would be hooked right there in your own living room.  Except before they told you what you wanted to hear--"You have to buy the book!"  Every. Time.  And so friends...that is now true here.

Technique page 66 and page 36 because really-could I help myself?


This is the center of my flower.  I had to show ya'll because I don't really know where I got it from.  I distressed it with shabby shutters and walnut stain.


Here is a close up of the center.  I used white embossing powder for my bird.  I did it twice to get a richer white look.  Mon Ami is a Hero Arts stamp.  The background birds at Tim Holtz's.  I distressed the tag itself with water (love that technique!)  Oh and the green swirl is also apart of page 66.  The heart charm is a Blue Moon charm (from the garage sale) and the 2 "crystal" ones are from Plaid.


Here's my tag "hanging" so you can see the charms dangle.  Oh and I distressed the lace on the side.


Until next time my friends...stay inspired!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous...I love how you did the bird...very clever.

Anonymous said...

Great tag! Your background pops around the bird.

SophieNewton said...

Fabulous, I love the wobbly eye!
Sophie x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Katy, your tag is spectacular!!! The technique is perfect, and all those sweet little details add up to a fabulous work of art. Love the little bird's eye!

Thank you so much for being part of the CC2C!

ellen vargo designs said...

Hi Katy - your tag is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)