Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Cards

Hello Everybody!

I received one of my random acts of kindness from the Around the World Blog Hop back in Februrary a few weeks ago.  There were 2 paint sprays, and I used a green one for some of my Easter cards.  One of those Easter cards I am showing today.  

This picture is of the flocked lace that also came in the package.  I don't think I would have bought it normally but I love it!!  It's so nice and soft and these colors are just awesome!  Let me show you the 2 cards I made with it!



Here's my first card that I used it on.  I had some pink flower ribbon that I bought at Michaels for like a $1 last year and layered over it.  And my bunny is from Sparkle and Sprinkle.  I love this color combo and to me it feels like spring!  It's one of my favorite cards that I made for Easter.  I probably shouldn't have favorites...but I do!


This card is so cool.  I used the spray and then put the beige felt lace on it.  I used just a tad of blue jean distress ink over it to bring the lace out more.  Before it seemed to get lost in the background.  This stamp is also from Sparkle and Sprinkle.  The "grass" is a playful light green fiber that I have in my stash.


Until next time my friends...get out the lace!

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Katy, your Easter Cards are so sweet! Love what you have done in creating the backgrounds. The "grass" for your chick is very cute!

Annette Allen said...

so so cute...great cards..love how you did the little grass on the second one and love that border on the first...very cute

C said...

Super cute...I agree, I wouldn't have thought to buy that felt lace either but you sure rocked it!