Sunday, February 12, 2012

Get Out Your Green Hats!

Hello Everybody!

Since I have mailed out my Valentine's, it's time to put away the red and get out the green.  Saint Patrick's Day will be here in no time, so I have to get started on making those cards!

So the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches was an awesome sketch to get me in the Saint Patty's Day spirit!  This sketch is from Lesley #21 Seeing Double....


I used the sketch in a horizontal way.  The pot is a G Studio stamp that I heat embossed and colored with a Copic Marker and a Krylon Gold Leaf Marker.  The Krylon marker is awesome!  I used the Celebrate with Flourish cartridge for the hat.  It's a pilgrim's hat...but now it a leprechaun's hat!  I used green stickles to outline it.  The ribbon is from Anna Griffin.  I don't know where the background paper came from, but the shamrocks are from a piece of Reminisce.

Until next time my friends...get out the green! :)

10 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Pretty cute!! And the hat is so cute (and smart)!

My Creative Side said...

So cute!! Love it!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Katy! I love your St Patty's Day take on the sketch! So creative and cool!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Katy! I love your St Patty's Day take on the sketch! So creative and cool!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Katy! I love your St Patty's Day take on the sketch! So creative and cool!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

febe said...

So creative for St. Paddy's Day! This makes me so excited. Beautiful!

Denmark Accommodation WA

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card for St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that extra sparkle for St. Patty's Day!

Lesley said...

Adorable! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us.

Rita W said...

What a fun card! I love the hat with its bit of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.