Monday, December 26, 2011

Sparkle N Sprinkle Easter Card

Hello once again Everybody!

I just finished another card!  The creative juices are flowing! 

This card is for the challenge at Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge: December Sketch Challenge SNSSC02 .
Here's the sketch.


I am also going to enter it into the Wee Memories Challenge WMC80-Anything Goes.



So here is my card using Sparkle N Sprinkle stamps--#426 Easter Chicks.  Scroll down, and I'll show you what I did!


First I stamped my 2 chicks and bunny.  Then I colored them with Copic markers.  I used: Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine, Amethyst, Prawn (with the blender made pink), Cadmium Orange, Black, Mauve Shadow (lavender), and Pea Green.


I used pink cardstock from Die Cuts with a View for my card background.


Using Noteworthy on my Slice machine, I cut out this die cut from yellow cardstock.  I stamped Happy Easter from the Easter Chicks collection and colored in the letters with Pea Green Copic.


This next step is so fun.  I discovered Sparkle N Sprinkle at the Scrapbook Expo last year.  And this is where I learned this technique from.  Also, there is something special you can do with their glue and I'll tell you that later.


So I smear a bunch of glue onto my die cut.


I even it out with a foam brush.  You just want a nice even coat here.


Woo Hoo!  Then comes the glitter.


I had a little too much glitter so I used my thumbs and kind of worked some of it out.  And now it looks great!


So this green piece is from BoBunny and the ribbon is from a gift from my mom-in-law.


The yellow behind the Easter chicks and bunny is from Doodlebug.  It sort of anchors them there.  I used pop dots for the Happy Easter sentiment.  I had so much fun making this card!


The Sparkle N Sprinkle glue is awesome.  You take a transparency or acetate and make a letter or heart or something with the glue onto the acetate.  Then you sprinkle glitter and shake off the excess.  Let it dry.  You can tell from the bottom when it is dry.  Depending on how thick you made your outline, it can take days to to dry.  Then you peel it off of the transparency and you are ready to use it.  I will be honest.  I have tried a few other glues...nothing that I have does this.  (Glossy accents was one of the ones I tried.) 

Until next time my friends...get out the glitter!! :)

7 comments:

Laurel said...

This is just so adorable, love those images! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories.

Barbara Bruder said...

Katy, your card is so cute. I love the set you used and your design is perfect!!Thanks for entering the challenge at Sparkle N Sprinkle

Barbara

Donna Ellis said...

What a super darling card, Katy! Wonderful tutorial, and the colors are so Eastery! I'm ready for an egg hunt after seeing your beautiful card! Good Luck on the SNS Challenge!

Annette Allen said...

super cute Easter card...love that bunny..

Anonymous said...

I call this one, "two chicks and a rabbit walk into a bar..."

Giovana said...

Beautiful and cute images! Thanks for playing along the Wee Memories Challenge.

Carly said...

Glitter! love it. Dylan can't stand glitter though since it tends to get all over. I actually used all my glitter at Christmas with my students, and need to get some more. I don't think the custodians particularly enjoy glitter days either, but my students love it.