Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry and Bright Card

Hello Everybody!

Happy Friday to You!  Today's project I am submitting to the Moxie Fab Challenge: Deck the Halls.  Go check it out--there is still time to play!

This is a Tuesday Trigger challenge and here is the inspiration picture:


So pretty all of those ornaments.  And do you know what I like best about them---they're shiny!

So my inspiration was color and shiny and smooth.  So what could I make that would incorporate those 3 things?  Well I went back to my friend foil.  I like foil because Ranger's Alcohol Inks like foil (nonporous and all).  So here's my card and scroll down to see how I did it...



First I took these chipboard pieces....


and covered them with foil (regular plain o' household foil).


Then I added alcohol inks, all from the Bright collection.  Green on the green one, Red (watermelon) on the red one, and Blue on the blue one.  I waited for them to dry.  Then out of foil I also made the ring at the top.  From wire I cut the loop and used glue dots to glue it onto the paper inside of the ring.


This is the paper I used for my background-a shiny Bazzill cardstock.  I used the larger card for this also--6.5X5 inches.


I added my sentiment and it's from a set of stickers from Phrase Cafe.

So here is my card again.  I didn't cut just circle out of the foil because I wanted a little depth to the ornaments.  Until next time my friends...stay festive!  (You knew I was gonna say that didn't you?)

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

So sweet and creative! Awesome take on the Trigger. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)