Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bonus Autumn Card on a Saturday Night!

Hello Everybody!

Well I stuck true to my original content being related to Halloween.  And normally I would start a project on Tuesday the day after Halloween...but I ran across this really cool challenge.  And I have to participate!  So here it goes!

Moxie Fab has a Tuesday Trigger: Autumn Woods challenge.  It features this piece for inspiration (very cool!).  There's still time, so if you are inspired, click on the link here and play!


When I first looked at this, I thought the piece was made out of tile.  When I came back and paid closer attention, I saw that it was a wood hanging.  But I couldn't get tile out of my head.  So here is my card made with Tim Holtz's Fragments and the falls colors inspired by this artwork.


From this angle you can see that I also raised some of the letters to give different heights, also inspired by the art piece.  Keep scrolling to see how I made this card!


Here's another view of the letters popped up.  I also put letters under and over the fragments to further emphasize the spacial element.


So first I size my dark brown cardstock to fit my card base that I get from Michael's (Recollections brand).

I get out my fall scraps...there's plenty to chose from!


I get out my square fragments and see how many and what will fit on my card.


I'm using Scenic Route letters and put an "e" on a piece of cardstock.


I put Glossy Accents on one side of the Fragment.  A few moon ago, I learned this technique from Tim Holtz himself in a CKU class.  He's an awesome teacher!


Then I put the fragment over the "e" where I believe it is centered.  I move the fragment around a little bit to move out the air and spread out the glue.  I hold it there for about 5-10 seconds.  Then I let it dry.


Once dry I cut out the letter Fragments.  This Fragment has the letter on top to help create depth.


I spell out Hello and use one pop square for the h, l, and o.  So every other letter has a pop dot.

Awhile back I had bought a remnant of tulle material with glitter in it.  I have been waiting for the perfect project...ta da!  Please be warned though.  This is not the easiest material to tie into a bow.  It's stretchy which is challenging and also delicate.  But if you have patience, it's very pretty!


So until next time my friends...stay inspired!  See you Tuesday!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Katy! Thanks for visiting my blog a few moments ago! I love your take on the trigger! Love how you used the TH fragments and you captured the colours perfectly! I have so many of those fragments myself, I really need to find something to make with them!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)